The Development Specialist resource will contribute to the evolution of the components and the required integration with other systems.
Furthermore he/she will participate to the technical analysis, documentation, implementation, integration, test and early life support of core software tools and assets produced in the context of the e-Parliament Program. The resource will regularly and periodically report his/her work.
Follows a non-exhaustive list of activities
Analysis & Design
Unit and Integration testing
Assistance to functional testing
Creation and update of technical and functional documentation
Early-Life production support and maintenance
Development and deployment of patches, workaround and evolutions
Handover of activity to other teams
Preparation of handover material (documents and presentations)
Training & coaching
Preparation and conduction of handover workshops
Implement an open source strategy and design.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven knowledge of web and J2ee related technologies (Spring, Spring Mvc, Hibernate...)
- Technical experience in the domain of XML
- Proven experience in Service Oriented Architecture and related technologies
- Proven knowledge of Web services technologies
- Capability to work in autonomy and to schedule different activities
- Capability to work in a team
- Capability to draft documentation and technical specifications in particular
- Good communication skills
- Result oriented
- A Master degree in Computer Science
- Good command in English and (if possible but not mandatory) in French.
- Proven knowledge on XML schemas
- Proven experience in continuous integration and team software development related tools
- Proven knowledge of jQuery framework.
- The following is considered an advantage:
- Proven knowledge of UML modelling
- Proven experience in Relational Databases design
- Proven experience on XML
- Proven knowledge of the European Parliament technical environment
- Proven knowledge of the European Parliament organizational environment
- The candidate will work in Brussels with ad-hoc missions in Luxembourg.
We propose a Permanent contract of employee (with Expat conditions if you are working for the first time in Belgium) or a contract of Freelancer