We are looking a Unix/Solaris System Engineer:
Your main responsibilities
Perform Unix Systems Administration for our customers Enterprise Unix Systems to include Oracle Servers like T7-4
Maintain Unix infrastructure environment during business hours and off-hours;
troubleshoot Unix networking services and protocols.
Install, configure, and maintain Unix server equipment, disk arrays; Unix routine operation functions; maintain high end Unix servers and current and new Unix projects.
Provide data protection, recovery and business continuity; test and validate disaster recovery and business continuity methods in Unix environment.
Perform routine backup and recovery for data protection and integrity; monitor Unix infrastructure which consists of complex sets of equipment and system software; provide proactive remediation.
Perform proactive monitoring for high availability, System data protection, backup and restore, Unix central authentication, user account management, disk Storage management, Hardware and OS maintenance, and application maintenance.
For our numerous projects: Install, configure and maintain highly optimized Virtualized Unix environment using Zone/Container, Ldom technologies; Unix High Availability environment consisting of different HA techniques i.e. clustering, load balancing, and cluster file systems; Unix Storage environment using Solaris Disk Suit or Solaris Volume Manager, ZFS.
- You have at least five to ten years' experience providing Unix/Solaris systems administration support for large scale complex Unix environments.
- You are fluent in French and English
- High Availability techniques in the Unix environment
- Solaris Disk Suit or Solaris Volume Manager and ZFS.
- Shell scripting and/or Perl scripting experience.
- System level support for Oracle application and database Servers, Java application servers, WebSphere or other large-scale databases in a Unix environment.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity in Unix environment; Hds/EMC Storage array based SAN environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in supporting and troubleshooting Solaris
- Unix environment with Oracle, Java application server and WebSphere or other largescale databases.
- SUN Virtualization technologies: Container (zone) and Ldom.
- The ability to keep up with updates/patches in the Unix environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work within strict deadlines with a wide spectrum of people
- Permanent contract
- Dynamic and innovation environment
If you do not receive an answer within 20 days, you will have to consider that we will not proceed with your application.