Linux Engineers support, maintain and improve the customer's server infrastructure at Operating System level. Engineers will work to drive automation and good practice to improve consistency and enhance the customer experience.
Engineers are expected to have a strong focus on system engineering, and the ability to deliver value. Linux engineers shall have expertise in Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Linux OS and Unix systems respectively.
The non-exhaustive list of job responsibilities as well as technical and specific skills / experience is shown below:
- Provide subject matter expertise in operating systems engineering;
- Provide advanced technical support and serve as an escalation point for IT incidents and service requests, including with third parties (e.g. manufacturer or vendor) as necessary;
- Participate in the development of systems standards, policies and procedures;
- Design, program and modify scripts (in various scripting languages) as necessary;
- Document engineering work, incident resolution and recurring incidents; creating technical analysis, performance, and enhancement reports;
- Lead project teams and acting as a resource for other team members;
- Plan, implement and carry out maintenance consisting of upgrades/updates/fixes for core operating systems and their related components, following industry good practices;
- Ensure performance and reliability by monitoring systems for high availability, load balancing, and satisfactory response times;
- Work with other information technology professionals to resolve performance issues and optimise performance.
- Advanced on Linux RedHat
- Experience with automated configuration management tools like Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with Veritas Infoscale
- Advanced knowledge on Bash, Perl or Python
- Open to work on shifts and oncall rotation
- Nagios/Icinga2 knowledge
- Knowledge of LDAP protocol and systems
- Experience managing NFS/CIFS or SMB
- Certification RHCSA or RHCE
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and International level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.