The Release Manager will serve as the bridge between development and operations.
This position will draw from experiences in build management, configuration management, infrastructure development and release management - continuously exploring
opportunities for improvement and automation.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and Azure DevOps
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes
- Configure and release the delivery of software applications in test and production environments
- Analyze configuration issues and propose appropriate resolutions
- Maintain proper version controls of software and deliverables
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Recommend process improvements alternative to roll out tools and processes.
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
Required Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience with technical implementations of software development projects
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Experience in working with Azure DevOps for automation and configuration.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience using Azure DevOps and GIT source and Version Control
- Experience building Azure DevOps pipelines
- Experience managing Azure Cloud Services
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems and processes