Proximus Luxembourg, which comes from the merger of Telindus and Tango, is a subsidiary of the Proximus Group, the leading provider of telephony, Internet, TV and ICT services in Belgium. It participates in the development of telecommunication infrastructures and ICT services in Luxembourg. It also supports Luxembourg start-ups through its investment in the Digital Tech Fund and its participation in Luxembourg House of Financial Technologies.
Created in January 2019, Proximus Luxembourg SA brings together the Tango and Telindus brands under one umbrella and employs 650 people. Both brands operate jointly to meet all the telecommunications needs of Luxembourg's residential and business customers. Tango offers fixed and mobile telephony, Internet and television services to residential customers and small businesses with less than 10 employees, while Telindus provides ICT and fixed and mobile telecommunication services to medium-sized and large companies as well as public administrations.
We are searching for a talented and self-motivated, disciplined individual with experience in coaching/leading development teams through long-running, complex projects. The Tech Lead / Software Architect would be responsible for the software design of applications and standards across various development teams. He or she will work closely with the Project / Delivery Manager and the Solution Architecture teams.
As a Tech Lead :
- Actively writes code
- Responsible for setting standards and follow the overall quality of the deliveries of his team
- Will define principles of software development (processes, technology chosen, coding standards, IDE configuration) across the different development teams
- Report progress, status and risks to Project and / or IT Manager
- Leads and coordinates development teams :
- following Agile (Scrum) project methodology
- communicate successfully concepts, guidelines and specifications
- mentoring / coaching increasing the satisfaction and efficiency of his team
- introduces and follows up best practises (programing style, project archetypes,
- code styles, ci cd pipelines, version management, dependency management,
- release management, code review, test coverage, review of documentation etc.)
As an Architect :
- Can work both directly with business converting business requirements into software design or with the solution, architecture team (bigger projects) transforming functional and technical specifications to software architecture and design
- Ensure software meets all standards of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
Anticipate future requests in his design and work towards reducing technical department
- Focus on key quality attributes that drive out architectural vision (scalability, performance, usability concerns, etc.)
- Can works in RnD mode performing POC for future project / application / platform architecture
Performs or reviews assessments and effort estimations for future possible projects
- Bachelor / Master's Degree in Computer Science / Business Information Systems
- Minimum 10 years of experience as Software Engineer, preferably full stack
- Proven experience leading dev teams with successful results using agile methodologies and Develops practises
- Proven experience on system integration in complex environments
- Excellent knowledge of project, application and platform architecture using Java based technologies
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling frameworks
- Should have sound experience in the following technologies :
- Java,Testing frameworks, Front-end frameworks
- SOA principals, Security patterns, Java Application servers
- SOAP / RESTful Web Services, Event driven design using Broker
- CI/ CD: Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, Sonar , SVN, GIT, Ansible or similar tools
- Jira, Confluence, Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices
- Configuration Management/Source Control and Build Automation processes
- Considered as plus:
- Telecom domain understanding
- Apache Camel, OSGI (KARAF),JBoss AS / EAP , Red Hat SSO , Red Hat Fuse
- BPM platforms ideally Alfresco Activiti
- PaaS solutions like Cloudfoundry , OpenShift
- Microservices, Docker, Containers, Orchestration (Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Fluent in English and French. Any other language would be a plus
- Team player who is flexible and able to work with end-users and technical users
- Excellent communication skills must be able to clearly communicate ideas, decisions and reasoning to both technical and non-technical team members.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and International level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.