For an opportunity in the financial sector for one of our Luxembourg customers, we are currently looking for an :
Middleware Administrator (M/F)
In this role, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining and troubleshooting our WebSphere Middleware environment as a core component of the client's business critical applications.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Troubleshoot any issues in the WebSphere environment, analyze root cause and provide corrective measures; work closely with vendor and/or infrastructure provider until a solution is found, successfully implemented and properly documented;
- Handle 24/7 on call rotation for production issues; ensure escalation process is followed;
- Provide support in code deploy, change management and application level troubleshooting for existing WebSphere environments; Interface with developers for application projects; be involved in integrating and testing applications;
- Provide technical input and requirements for the design and implementation of new WebSphere infrastructure; work in close collaboration with our infrastructure provider;
- Install, configure, tune and upgrade WebSphere environment according to production or project requirements and constraints;
- Setup load balancing, clustering and failover;
- Be involved in the application migration process after WebSphere upgrade;
- Configure connections and security settings for WebSphere Application Server (WAS);
- Develop and deploy Shell scripts to automate deployment, maintenance and administration tasks;
- Ensure a constant level of availability and performance of the WebSphere Middleware environment by monitoring environment performance and proactively implement measures;
- Design and perform backup and recovery procedure for WebSphere;
- Develop and maintain WebSphere environment-related support documentation;
- Provide consultation and analysis to improve quality, accuracy and efficiency;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Master's degree in computer science or information systems;
- IBM Certification is a must;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector;
- Hands on experience in the installation, configuration, tuning/sizing, clustering, deployment and problem resolution of WebSphere Middleware components.
- Ability to use or develop tools to automate maintenance, configuration changes, password changes, deployments and migrations of WebSphere Middleware components.
- Ability to install and configure WebSphere As servers, MQ servers and IBM Integration Bus (Iib). Perform MQ System Management, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Excellent Unix (IBM AIX / Linux Rhel) experience; proficiency in Shell scripting ;
- Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus
- Excellent Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines;
- Effective time management;
- Mentoring / teaching ; willingness to share knowledge and to provide guidance to Junior staff;
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution techniques;
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Middleware : IBM WebSphere (WAS, MQ, ESB, IIB), Microsoft IIS;
- Databases : Oracle DB, Oracle Exadata, Microsoft SQL;
- Programming and scripting : Oracle PL/SQL, Korn Shell, VB script, Python, Java;
- Operating Systems : Linux Rhel, IBM AIX, Microsoft Windows, IBM z/OS;
- Virtualisation : VMware ESX, IBM Powervc.
* Only candidates with eligible work permit for Luxembourg will be considered for this opportunity. *