Due to several projects with our client, a prestigious financial institution in Luxembourg, we are searching for our future Database Administrator (m/f).
Your main missions
- System administration of databases platforms;
- You are responsible to perform database installation and configuration, tuning, capacity planning, health checks, backups/recovery and change management.
- Follow-up of incidents, problems, changes related to this platform. Troubleshoots issues with database instances and eliminates root causes through systematic problem management practices.
- Scrupulous follow-up of the rules and the respect for quality, KPI, Security baselines and system policies.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred;
- Able to mentor and federate a team, you are recognized as a strong communicator and good team player;
- Knowledge of Oracle RAC, Oracle Enterprise Manager, RMAN, SQL developer;
- Other RDBMS (SQL Server, Sybase, DB2 ...) knowledge considered an asset;
- NoSQL knowledge to be considered as advantage (e.g: MongoDB, Elastic);
- Minimum 5 years in the Database domain;
- You talk and write fluently French and English. German will be a plus.
- You are familiar with ITIL and IT Service management (roles and processes)
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to articulate technical solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, perseverance, patience and flexibility and being goal oriented with keen attention to detail;
- Capable of multi-tasking and working with a variety of people;
- A desire to exceed project, client and co-worker expectations;
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
* Only candidates with eligible work permit for Luxembourg will be considered for this opportunity. *