Fixed-term position, 24 months
In this position you will support the development of our Universal Customer Interface (UCI) for ticket management, asset tracking and Service-level agreement (SLA) reporting based on Open Source Ticket Request System.
You will also participate in the integration of UCI with the proprietary Monitoring & Control (M&C) solution of SES Techcom Services which support the operations of our commercial services; and support the attraction of new projects for SES and SES Techcom Services.
- Support the specification, implementation and validation of new UCI functionalities
- Support the integration of UCI with other Operational Support Systems such as M&C and SAP
- Support the configuration and deployment of integrated Open Source System (OSS) solutions for our new commercial services
- Participate in the customization and improvement of operational support systems for customer projects
- Define tests for new requirements and functionalities, execute automated unit and functional non-regression tests
- Manage product documentation and configuration
- Support the attraction of new projects for SES and SES Techcom Services: in cooperation with the sales team, contribute to the preparation of international tenders and proposals
- Identify and evaluate relevant technological developments, market trends, competitive factors, customer requirements, standardisation licensing and regulatory aspects
- Master Degree in System/Software Engineering, or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum one year of experience in the Telecommunication sector
- Strong interest in Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Quality Assurance
- Experience with Linux, Perl, AngularJS and REST
- Experience with Wildfly and mobile development (iOS/Android) is an asset
- Understanding of Virtualization platforms including VMware, Cloud Computing, Software Build System, Ticketing Systems
- Experience with Open-source Ticket Request System (OTRS), Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) or other Operational and Business Support Systems (OSS/BSS) is an asset
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work both in a team and independently as required
- Quick learner
- Fluency in English, any other language is an asset
- Willing to travel internationally
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.