About the Position
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Technology will be responsible for strategic technology infrastructure decisions, the delivery of Sustaincert ambitious technology roadmap, the recruitment and management of a team of in-house software engineers and the management of external consultants. The technology roadmap includes on one-hand the digitisation of carbon credit certification processes including data capture, Ghg quantification and smart verification; on the other hand It includes the development of an emission factor management system to support value chain certification solutions and corporate Ghg reporting more broadly.
The Head of Technology will be work very closely with other functional heads mainly the Head of Certification and the Head of Research and Innovations. This is a tremendous opportunity for a strong leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a fast moving, high-impact organization.
Sustaincert is incorporated in Luxembourg, where, ideally, this position will be based. We may be flexible on the location for the right candidate.
Primary responsibilities and tasks
- Own Sustaincert Technology Roadmap:
- Take-over ownership of the roadmap, update content as required
- Make decisions on critical infrastructure choices
- Develop and maintain an implementation and resources plan
- Develop and maintain a risk management framework
- Oversee successful delivery of the Roadmap
- Recruit and manage an internal team of software engineers
- Recruit and manage external providers
- Oversee the development of detailed specifications for the two systems and their respective modules, in close collaboration with relevant colleagues at Sustaincert
- Ensure technology deployed on time and on budget
- Ensure involvement of users throughout the process
- Provide strategic recommendations on software as a service business model transition
- Actively contribute to Steergroup discussions on business model transition
- At least 15 years of professional experience in technology development and deployment; ideally in software companies, with track record of successfully turning a concept into a compelling technology product
- Track record in managing a development team at various stages of the process, including quality control and solving complex development problems
- Experience with IoT and machine learning
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to combatting climate change
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with a related graduate degree
Please send a cover letter and resume via the button below, the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Candidates selected for a first round interview will be notified by email. Please note that we will not notify you directly if you are not selected for an interview.