- For the Storage and SAN domains, the service is responsible to provide and maintain block-based (SAN) and file-based (NAS) environments based on disk arrays from different vendors (today EMC, Hds and NetApp), and a dedicated Storage Area Network built on top of switches and directors from known specialized vendors (at present Brocade and Cisco).
- Concerning Data Protection, the service provides state-of-the-art backup's service classes to the customers and ensures reliable restore mechanisms, based on disk-based and tape-based software (EMC Networker and MS Dpm) and Hardware solutions from different vendors (currently EMC and NetApp).
- There are a broad range of activities performed within the backup and Storage service to ensure the quality delivery of each individual service.
- Below you will find an overall picture of the most common activities.
- The Junior Technical Administrator is the main operational role for the provision of the operational services provided by a specific Service Module.
- The Technical Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of datacentre environment Hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- He/she participates in technical research and development to enable continual innovation within the infrastructure.
- Participation in projects to warrant a smooth transition of projects into daily operations by performing activities linked to operations within the project life-cycle.
The Junior Technical Administrator Backup shall perform the following activities (list non-exhaustive)
- The activities related to managing the Hardware are:
- CMDB maintenance
- Decommissioning: data migration in coordination with other teams, logical disk shredding, and configuration cleaning
- In terms of activities linked to the provisioning and maintenance of the services:
- Set-up and maintain Storage devices' definitions and policies
- Set-up and maintain Backup tool and corresponding application's modules
definitions and policies
- Storage Area Network related: zoning and port configurations
- Drive and enforce standards based deployments
- Oversee installation, provisioning, troubleshooting and reporting
- Perform periodic analysis of vulnerabilities available with the corresponding risk and impact assessment, in conjunction with the providers, to ensure a stable and safe setup. Reporting based on templates is part of the analysis
- In coordination with the providers, install updates and patches to Hardware and software. Perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks
- Capacity and Performance planning of each component of the infrastructure
- On a daily basis, the activities performed are:
- Monitoring of the Backup and Storage infrastructures
- Incident follow-up and resolution (Smt)
- Service requests follow-up and resolution (Smt)
- Generate reports on the overall status of the services' infrastructure
- Cooperate with customers and providers through ticketing and emails systems to solve inter-team or inter-providers problems
- On a periodic basis there are additional tasks to be ensured:
- Analyze, plan and implement Standard and Complex Changes, and perform corresponding post implementation review controls
- Participation in Problem Management, both in proactive and reactive situations (Smt)
- Create and improve Standard Operational Procedures
- Document Management's repository (SharePoint's Daman portal) up to date
- Participate in the planning and execution of complete or partial data center shutdowns and fail-over
- Project work and activities
- Skills: Good knowledge in the following tools is mandatory:
- NetApp Oncommand Unified Manager (Dfm)
- SAN and NAS (NFS and Cifs).
- Netapps NAS Storage arrays (Fasxxxx) 7-mode and C-dot
- Replication (both host and Storage array based) and Disaster Recovery
- You have at least 3 years of experience in NAS domain within a large environment;
- You own an university degree or equivalent level through experience and professional training;
- You possess the ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies, capable of self-study;
- In addition to your strong communication skills, you are structured, process minded and able to maintain the high level overview
- You are fluent in English (at least B2 Level). French is considered as an asset;
- You can work independently and can manage your time;
- You are eager to work in a dynamic multi-national environment with a strong customer focus;
- You are willing to travel in order to attend industry events and customer meetings.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the IT sector.
Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise.
We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits