The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Luxembourg Centre for Educational Testing (LUCET) at the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education (FLSHASE).
Technician on project “Fullstack-Developer for Web-based applications”
Fixed-term contract of 24 months (CDD; 40 hrs/week)
- The Fullstack-Developer will enhance the functionality of an existing online & Web-based course evaluation tool and survey platform.
- He/She will furthermore contribute to the development of LUCET's online assessment system OASYS—that is primarily used in the context of the school monitoring—as well as other software and Web based research and organizational tools.
- In doing so, she/he will pay particular attention to technical quality, security, usability and design aspects. Furthermore, the technical support staff member will work on a technical documentation for the OASYS platform and the tools mentioned above.
- Enhance functionality of a course evaluation & survey tool
- Contribute to the development of a Web-based assessment platform
- Contribute to the development and design of a database GUI
- Contribute to the development of interactive Web based tools
- Contribute to the development and design of research related software
- Contribute to the development and design of research related websites (LUCET, ÉpStan, OASYS)
- Develop and test Web applications according to high quality standards
- Develop Web applications according to high security standards
- Develop Web and mobile applications with a strong focus on usability aspects, User eXperience and modern GUI design
- Write and keep up to date technical documentation
- Qualification in IT
- Very good oral and written competences in English; Luxembourgish, German and French are a plus
- Willingness to keep learning
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
What we can offer
- A friendly international interdisciplinary team
- Modern, newly equipped labs
Please upload your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, copy of diplomas).
Please apply ONLINE until July 23rd, 2018.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.