Overall Job Description
The Technical Administrator is the main operational role for the provision of the operational services. He is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of DataCenter environment, Hardware and software and related infrastructure. He participates in technical research and development to enable continuous innovation within the infrastructure. He also participates in projects to warrant a smooth transition of projects into daily operations by performing activities linked to operations within the project life-cycle.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in VMware domain within a large environment;
- You own an university degree or equivalent level through experience and professional training;
- You possess the ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies, capable of self-study;
- In addition to your strong communication skills, you are structured, process minded and able to maintain the high level overview;
- You are fluent in English (at least B2 Level). French is considered as an asset;
- You can work independently and can manage your time;
- You are eager to work in a dynamic multi-national environment with a strong customer focus.
Technical knowledge and certifications
- Good knowledge in the following tools is required:
- vCenter Server 6.7
- ESXi 6.0 - 6.7
- vSAN 6.x
- VMware vRealize Operations (Vrops)
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator (VRO)
- HP servers : ProLiant G9 - G10
- IBM servers
- Lenovo servers
- Knowledge in the following tools/environments is considered as an asset:
- Network NSX
- Storage SAN - NFS
- VMware service is responsible for maintaining & supporting the tools used for full automation of the creation (and initial configuration) of Linux & Windows containers.
- Several vCenter Server instances are installed to manage the entire virtual infrastructure. Each instance is composed of multiple virtual machines, vCenter Web Services, Single Sign On or Inventory Service.
- Many tasks have been automated via scripts and VMware Workflows to provide a powerful tool to automate, but also configure the infrastructure in an efficient way compared to traditional configuration methods.
- There are a broad range of activities performed within the Virtualization service to ensure the quality delivery of each individual service. Below you will find an overall picture of the most common activities
- Install, configure and maintain the vSphere infrastructure.
- Monitoring of Hardware, hypervisor and related services.
- Service requests follow-up and fulfilment.
- Incident follow-up and resolution.
- Participation in Problem Management, both in proactive and reactive situations.
- Analysis, planning and implementation of standard and complex changes, post implementation review controls.
- Creation and improvement of Standard Operational Procedures.
- Evolution of the monitoring tools, and creation and adaptation of policy checks.
- Creation and maintenance of installation scripts and automation processes.
- Create and manage workflows with vRealize orchestrator.
- Development of policies and service catalogue of the team, management of service delivery and KPIs, continuous improvement.
- Documentation management.