In accordance with the quality and security procedures currently in place within our client IT Departement, the technical architect is an adaptable and self-motivated person that will carry out the following duties
- Define technical Solution Design in accordance with the our client standards
- Assists project teams to shape architectures consistent with platforms, roadmaps and standards for architect and design
- Drive all technological feature of the stream to combine present and future architecture
- Propose practical strategies and present originality with the help of technology
- Create and manage the plan for moving technical solutions to final client hand-off.
- Resolve technical issues and ensure that all parts of the technical design are correctly incorporated
- Act as a link between functional architects, project managers, data architects, engineering and IT specialists
- Provide technical support and technical quality control throughout all stages of the project and to synchronize retailer services linked to the selection and implementation of necessary technology.
- Assemble and coordinate the internal and external teams to gain consensus on deliverables from each team.
- Collaborative adaptation between existing and develop new project plans, processes and communication standards for the operations teams.
- Assist with the development of reports, and the loading and configuration of demonstration data and systems.
- Pro-actively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Own the communication and execution of solution hand-over to client services, service delivery, technology and other team members at designated milestones.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation and presentations.
The candidate must:
- Have very good knowledge in technical architecture concepts.
- Be comfortable with IT standards and norms: ITIL, CMMI, TOGAF.
- Be proficient in or willing to learn following technical areas:
- OS: Windows, AIX and Linux
- Languages: Shell Script, Perl, SQL, Java
- Technologies : IBM WebSphere, VM ware, Oracle, XenApp, XenDesktop
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Have knowledge in or be willing to learn workload automation (Control-M, Autosys) and EAI.
- Have solid IT and project management skills.
- Have at least two years of experience in a similar position
- Be autonomous and able to work with little supervision
- Have strong analysis skills
- Have strong communication and documentation skills
- Have strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Be highly adaptable
- Excellent written and oral French and English skills are essential, any other language is an advantage