Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. It has always played an active role in the main stages of development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on financial markets. Employing more than 2,000 people, BIL is present in the financial centres of Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, and China.
BIL's Program and Project Management Unit is responsible for the successful and timely delivery of strategic, bank-wide Business and IT programmes, projects and studies.
The Program and Project Management is seeking a junior Project Support Officer trainee that will help set up and support a strategic project or program. Using Bils overall Project & Portfolio Management methodology, the successful candidate will run all project/programme specific PMO processes as well as the production of reporting, meeting management and notes from governance meetings.
Reporting directly to the Project / Program Manager, the successful candidate will :
- Work with key stakeholders and project/ program managers to actively manage day to day activities, ensuring delivery accountability is in place across the initiative;
- Assist the project/Program Manager on the details of the required governance and reporting and act as the first point of contact for any project management queries within the project/programme;
- Quickly set-up and maintain the structures and reporting for the project/programme in line with BIL's overall Portfolio Governance and Project Management approach;
- Co-ordinate the creation of project/program budgets and manage the tracking and reporting of project/program spend;
- Manage the planning process for the project/program, if necessary, facilitate planning workshops and create plans;
- Maintain resource forecasts and staffing profiles, maintain resource plans and manage the on boarding process at project/program level;
- Ensure time recording adhered to by project/program resources and follow up missing time specifics;
- Manage and coordinate the program/project governance structure and meetings assisting the programme manager in the preparation of materials, minutes and actions;
- Keep the strategic reporting tool (Clarity) up to date with a current and accurate record of project/program plan and status;
- Make the link with Bils PMO for all operational aspects regarding reporting and portfolio management that arise from the project/ program
Must Have Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Organization, Economics, Mathematics/Engineering or Information Technology
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills at all levels
- Ability to organize and present reports, proposals, and other related project/ program data
- Ability to communicate financial results and analytics to non-finance people.
- Strong analysis skills
- Strong focus on customer service and delivery
- Fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in English and French, any other language constituting an advantage
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project), MS SharePoint proficient.
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to take on roles in different business areas for the broadest possible experience.