The Champ message broker is handling and distributing 30 million messages per month to our Air Cargo industry clients, partners and applications. Inbound and outbound connectors receive or send standard IATA format, XML or customized message types. In-between, a sophisticated rule engine dispatches all the messages to relevant processes in order to apply messages transformations, duplications, and routings calculations.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer (m/f) who will join the message broker team and actively contribute to the evolution and enhancement of the newly developed messaging platform. Additionally, he/she will administrate, configure, monitor and operate the system and will be required to participate to on-call duties.
This is a software developer role with system administrator tasks, and with a solid experience in messaging.
The position holder is in general accountable for the accomplishment of following tasks
- Apply business knowledge to analyse external and internal requirements, and define solutions for the next generation of cargo systems
- Fully document functional and technical solutions
- Provide support to application teams during implementation / testing
- Define customer migration and integration requirements from existing legacy systems to next generation cargo systems
- configure, monitor, support and operate message broker solution
- Do 2nd/ 3rd level (customer) support
- Perform on-call duties
- Liaise between the application team and technical/datacentre team
- IT systems administration of the respective applications/services
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following knowledge, competencies & skills
- 4-7years experience
- Experience with Java 7 or 8 (with annotations), J2EE (EJB3) and application servers developing system integration Middleware.
- Experience with JMS (WebSphere MQ is a plus)
- Understanding of FTP, SFTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, POP, SMTP protocols and able to work with their corresponding Unix tools and Java library APIs
- Very good command of regular expressions, XML and XSLT
- Experience in relational database programming and ability to work with SQL
- Experience with Web Services in Java and secured Web Services mechanisms (encryption, signatures (wssec))
- Understanding PKI (certificate, encryption, signature)
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory; other languages preferably (German and French) will be considered as assets.
- Master in Computer Sciences or any equivalent.
- Knowledge of Apache Camel and Spring framework is a plus
- Knowledge of AngularJS is a plus
- Knowledge of application server (JBoss EAP) is a plus
- Unix scripting is a plus
- Eclipse IDE, Maven tool
- Customer and quality oriented
- Systematic approach to handling problems under pressure as part of a small team.
- Proactive attitude with good organizational skills and ability to work in a team
- Solution oriented
- self-motivated, sociable personality
- Quick learner
The selected candidate may be subject to the provision of an up-to-date (not older than 3 months) certificate of conduct as per legislation of 23 July 2016
Send us your CV and cover letter