Solutions Architect (Network & Unified Communications) - Luxembourg
Description of work
- Lead technology roadmap, design and implementation for the network and unified communication technologies (VoIP, telephony, videoconferencing, Skype for business, etc.).
- Lead the network and unified communication design activities for projects supporting the various IT infrastructure peer domains including server, Storage, end user computing and information security.
- Supervise lab tests, proofs-of-concept, bug scrubs, and other technical evaluations.
- Manage project teams (external consultants) for the implementation of projects for the network and unified communication technologies (VoIP, telephony, videoconferencing, Skype for Business).
- Ensure that projects are managed and that solutions are designed and implemented in line with internal standards and procedures and that best practice, security recommendations and industry standards are respected.
- Use technology to automate manual tasks, and seek to improve efficiency, contributing to continuous improvement, wherever practicable and appropriate.
- Provide technical input for call for tenders in the scope of network and unified communication technologies (VoIP, telephony, videoconferencing, Skype for Business).
Skills and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in computer science or related disciplines.
- ITIL Certification would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in the in IT Infrastructure and Network and Unified Communication (enterprise instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, fixed telephony) services areas.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering IT Infrastructure and Network and Unified Communication projects and transformation programs, including rollout of new technologies and enterprise wide infrastructures.
- Proven experience and strong knowledge of Network and Unified Communication related technologies (network wired and wireless, fixed telephony, enterprise instant messaging, audio and video conferencing, data lines, and Internet access).
- Experience in other infrastructure domains will be considered an advantage.
- Deep understanding of Client Server and Web application architectures and knowledge of standard methodology from an IT Infrastructure point of view needed to support such applications.
- Broad understanding of IT infrastructure, IT applications, architecture, databases and orchestration/monitoring/automation tools.
- Extensive technological expertise in IT, in particular within the IT infrastructure landscape, but also within the software development life cycle.
- Understanding of procurement and service contracts, including procuring software, Hardware and services in a public sector environment.
- Attention to detail in order to identify any early signs of potential huge impact issues for infrastructure and for its clients.
- Excellent verbal and written English and/or French language skills and a good command of the other.
- Languages: English only.
Please send your CV via the button below.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We champion difference in the world of technology recruitment and work with clients who actively wish to diversify their talent force - All applicants welcome to apply