Languages: English with French and/or German.
Skills and Experience
- Experience and knowledge of Sybase ASE 15/16 advanced administration
- Bachelor degree in Computer science, IT, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical training and experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in DBA support.
- At least 5 years of experience in troubleshooting in MS SQL Server 2014 - 2019.
- At least 5 years experience in managing all aspects of SQL Server database administration.
- Experience working in MySQL environment.
- Experience and knowledge of SQL Server AlwaysOn and other crustiest knowledge.
- Business Intelligence experience with SSRS/SSIS/SSAS.
- SQL Server AlwaysOn and other cluster knowledge.
- Good knowledge in database daily operations (monitoring, backup, installation, configuration, tuning, users migrations, security roles).
Description of work
- Responsible for the physical and technical aspects of a database systems.
- Installation and maintenance of the database system, installation of upgrades and patches, performance and capacity monitoring and management, security compliance.
- Interact with Clients in order to understand and meet requirements for the delivery of services related to database products.
- Provide 24X7 operation support on all the Production, Test and Development databases.
- Perform Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, and Migration of Databases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database availability, connectivity, performance issues, and security issues.
- Troubleshoot application related issues, timeouts, deadlocks, and maintain application performance.
- Ensure all databases are backed up to meet the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery time Objective (RTO).
- Perform database restores as needed, either in production or to refresh Test/UAT/Acc environment databases.
- Monitor alerts dashboard and incident ticket queue to troubleshoot and resolve database issues.
- Configure database monitoring using third party tools and reduce false alarms.
- Work on documenting database environments and standard operating procedures.