As a Full Stack part of a product team at John Deere Bank in Luxembourg, You will design, develop, configure, and test Deere homegrown applications as well as purchased software using of legacy and new technologies. Some example of legacy technologies includes standalone visual basic apps, SQL, batch jobs, MS Access/ODBC based reports, while examples of new technologies are AWS, Java, node JS, python, react, Angular with introduction of DevOps, CI/CD and TDD principles.
Evaluate and implement enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, availability, usability, reliability and performance of software applications;
Analyze assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives;
Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed;
Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs;
Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
Soft skills we are looking for:
Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions;
Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs;
Excellent communication skills (both in writing & verbal);
Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment and to stay calm and focus while managing those multiple priorities;
High sense of responsibility and initiative;
Long term commitment to continuous learning and self-development.
Change Management and dealing with uncertainly, given that this position is to be part of a newly setup Scrum Team which is new and in the process of adoption Agile, transforming from traditional waterfall methodology.
Technical Skills and education:
- Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience (4 years and +)
- Previous experience in programming/software development and related technologies such as below (not all are required. A candidate presenting most, or all skills/experiences listed below would be rated as a very strong candidate. - 1 to 3 years
- DB, backend system architecture and infrastructure management;
- Cloud management experience;
- Linux/Windows OS;
- Java, JS, Node JS, Python, React/Redux.
- System integration, API, AWS Docker, lambda.
- Basic understanding of visual basics to troubleshot, maintain and migrate existing legacy apps.
- SQL, Oracle, Postgres experience
- Software development processes/tools experience. - 1 to 3 years
- DevOps, CI/CD, TDD, Security By Design
- Github, Jenkins.
- Participating in Agile Development - 1 to 3 years
- Experience working in an Agile Environment - 1 to 3 years
- Fluent in English; Luxembourgish/German/French and any other language would be an asset, but not mandatory.