Following strong organic growth, our client, a well based financial institution, is on the lookout for bright individuals to join their teams; individuals who are motivated and want to deliver excellence in fund and corporate services. Since their inception in 2001 they have placed a strong emphasis on the personal and professional development of their employees, providing an opportunity for individuals to truly progress and shine. This investment on the people behind their services has paid off and they are proud to have maintained over a 90% employee retention rate for over ten years.
The purpose of the position is to ensure the efficient day to day running of the company by dealing with various IT queries as they are reported to the helpdesk.
The ideal candidate should be able to clearly demonstrate sound technical, analytical, organisational and communication skills, as well as having good knowledge of all production systems and procedures.
The candidate will report to local IT Senior Manager and Group Helpdesk Lead.
- Monitor support cases and work with support staff to provide effective prioritisation and resolution, locally and across the Group where appropriate
- Deploy workstations and software as well as management of their updates
- Prepare and maintain procedure and configuration documentation relating to the desktop, server and network environments
- Perform Hardware repair and maintenance
- Accurately manage and document the IT asset inventory
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing Group standards
- Assist with office moves (mainland Europe)
- Undertake ongoing professional development including the attaining of professional qualifications as agreed with the Head of IT Infrastructure
- Work on projects as required
Skills, knowledge, expertise
- At least 2 years' experience within an IT environment
- Strong technical background in MS Office products
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at the appropriate level of detail and technical content for the target audience
- Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner using business and user-friendly language
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage a diverse workload