Role, work description
The Dev-Ops lead engineer cares for the “Infrastructure Fabric”, that is: a standardised and highly automated stack comprising computing, network, Storage and data resources that must support:
- An internal software factory and its CI/CD lifecycle.
- A BI environment that is shifting its tools from premises to a data-lake on AWS.
- A (small) virtual desktop pool to allow external developers to access our software factory or implement legacy backoffice application.
- The Dev-Ops is experienced and hands-on and she/he can devise best practices and best of breed solutions to support the above mentioned stacks.
- She/He reports to the Devopps lead.
- In the long term we want our developers and data specialists to be able to define their stacks, pipelines, tests and QA tools from a catalog of building blocks and launch them on demand. The Dev-Ops Engineer will be instrumental for the realisation of this vision.
Tech skills desiderata
- Experienced AWS practitioner.
- Experienced with orchestration stacks like TerraForm and its eco-system.
- Qubernetes down to the Container
- Experience on CI
- Acquainted with maintaining enterprise technologies like Messaging queues, Application Servers, integration tools.
- Experience in maintaining a system's health and how to organise a first response in case of issues.
- Team player
- Ability to organise work and measure its avancement.
(Not extensive) portfolio of current technologies:
- AWS infra (VPC, RDS, SMS, R53, S3, Nginx, Cognito...)
- Java (Spring)
- Bamboo (soon Jenkins)
- HashiCorp Vault
- Jaeger, Grafana (to be replaced by Dynatrace)