- This position is for a Senior Hpc Project Manager working with the Professional Services team of the Data Center Product Group.
- High Performance Computing (Hpc) is an area in which Data Center Group (Dcg) is seeing strong growth, and the acquisition of many large, high-profile customers.
- The Hpc Project Manager will be required to deliver smooth and professional implementation of the high profile, large scale, complex projects typical in Hpc.
- This role will involve working with a range of customers across Europe, Middle East and Africa (Emea), on both new systems and expansions of existing infrastructures.
- The position provides the opportunity for direct customer and account engagement, as well as significant communication and coordination with the global organization in Dcg. Managing the many interdependencies involved in such large implementations, and maintaining customer satisfaction with timely and effective resolution to challenges, are some of the many activities the role demands.
- The Hpc Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of each project, ensuring that progress towards expected milestones and on time acceptance is managed and monitored rigorously and effectively. In order to achieve this they will be expected to:
- Coordinate the definition of the project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Lead the project planning, implementation and transition into production.
- Determine, monitor, and review project costs, staff resource requirements, inter-dependencies and project risks
- Take ownership for the resolution of any issues arising during the project.
- Track, assess and report on progress of project to all key stakeholders.
- Ensures customer satisfaction via effective communication, including setting and managing customer expectations, and monitoring and reacting to customer needs.
- This role will involve travelling throughout the Emea region with trips ranging from day visits to up to two weeks away.
- When not on customer sites, the role can be home-based as long as applicants are based within a short commute of an international airport, or based at a Lenovo office.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years in Project Management roles, used to dealing with multimillion pound It projects; 5+ years in Hpc sector
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently and flexibly, excellent time-management skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrates leadership and ownership to achieve a common goal or resolution.
- Good team player, ability to work in small team and a larger global team to meet Hpc customer requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong administrative capability with attention to detail and ability to pursue tasks to their conclusion; meeting coordination.
- Good understanding of solution development/ordering/manufacturing processes, from system definition through to production and shipping.
- Applicants should have extensive experience of Hpc technologies and implementation projects.
- Since the successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with customers at a variety of levels as well as colleagues from around the globe, strong English language communication skills are essential.
- Strong presentation skills for executive and customer briefings.
- General knowledge of the Hpc competitive landscape.
- Knowledge of major European languages.(German Speaker)