Languages: English and French - Only English possible
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager. The function will be executed in Luxembourg.
- To be eligible for this position, the candidate will have several years of experience in project management of mid to large size IT infrastructure projects of medium to high complexity. The candidate will have excellent project management skills and will have acquired senior project management certificates and accreditations (or equivalent knowledge and experience).
- Furthermore, he or she is an expert in various project management tools for planning, resource management, tracking etc. and very familiar with IT governance processes and IT decision making.
- The Senior Project Manager within leads a combination of small, medium and large sized infrastructure projects of minor to high complexity for one or multiple clients. The Senior Project Manager is able to work independently and takes the full end-to-end responsibility for her / his projects.
- Within this level, the Senior Project Manager will be familiar with the clients' business and IT infrastructure needs, and delivery expectations and can build a maintain a trusted relationship with the major stakeholders. This position will allow the Senior Project Manager to prepare the way towards the management of highly complex and or politically sensitive projects, with a high importance to clients and its executive sponsors.
- The Senior Project Manager will be expected to provide hands-on coaching and training to Associate Project Managers and be able to step in into crisis management roles for projects at risk, as and if required.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience with management of IT infrastructure projects or initiatives as a Project Manager, a Technical Team Leader, line Manager or equivalent function. Minimal 2 to 3 years of experience with delivery of mid to large size IT infrastructure projects of medium to high complexity.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written).
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills.
- Good technical knowledge of various IT domains such as Windows, Unix, Linux, Mainframe, Middleware, Storage, Telecom, Security, etc.
- Strong client- and service-oriented mindset.
- Excellent knowledge of Project Management practices and methodologies (e.g. PMBOK or Prince2), planning tools, etc. with relevant certificates and accreditations (or equivalent knowledge and experience).
- Understands the objectives related to the project from a cost, schedule, technical and quality perspective. Individual is able to make project trade-offs in complex sand / or politically sensitive situations.
- Excellent proven soft skills (team building, motivation, communication, influencing, negotiation, trust building, conflict management, coaching, leadership, decision-making, etc).
- The function of “project management” is therefore mainly oriented towards the coordination and support of delivery activities within the different domains and does not
- include resource management aspects of the technical resources. The main activities are described below, grouped per phase, and are generally applicable, i.e. to smaller as well as to the more complex project:
- Project initiation - all actions in collaboration with the various Team Leaders /Technical Teams
- Scoping of the project together with the Solution Architect.
- Determine and consolidate
- all required activities to achieve the project objectives;
- delivery constraints;
- project dependencies; delivery risks;
- resource requirements;
- project estimates (resources and infrastructure);
- budget requirements;
- timings and other elements into a coherent planning.
- Mobilization of the resource teams (with commitments on resource availabilities).
- Set up and use of the necessary communication channels, with internal project stakeholders, with the clients, technical teams and other project teams.
- Manage the project within scope, budget, quality and timing.
- Coordination of the project activities across the technical teams.
- Tracking and communication of project progress, project risks etc.
- Management reporting and client reporting.
- Project book-keeping (booking of actuals, review of Etc, KPI's, etc.)
Project closure - Delivery and closure of the project, ensuring
- Appropriate transfers to and acceptance of the deliverables by the operational (BAU) teams.
- Ensure all information sources / deliverables will be ready for BAU (e.g. updates of CMDB, service catalogues, SLA's, DR info, etc.).
- Obtain formal sponsor acceptance for the official closure of the project.
Project Managers will also be involved in project management related activities such as
- Performs assigned tasks within schedule in accordance with established standards and guidance.
- Communicates clearly and concisely project results through quality presentations to immediate management and project stakeholders.
- Participate or provide accurate input for audit processes, working for satisfactory results.
- Works with team members to articulate, compare, and implement solutions and alternative approaches based upon project management principles.
- Participates in development of proposals, analysis of business and technical problems, assessment of solution alternatives, solution design, implementation and selling of additional services.
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, continuous improvement sessions or working groups and/or other knowledge exchanges.