Experience with AWS Cloud Native development and/or Docker is a plus,.
In the area of the Flemish Government Ministry of Education, we are looking for an experienced Java developer. You will work collaboratively in an experienced team that develops and supports several business critical applications. You will cooperate with clients and stakeholders. You will work with software engineers and Web developers to integrate Java into business applications, software and websites. You will be involved throughout the entire development life cycle.
- Take part in software and architectural development activities
- Transform requirements into technical solutions and develop technical designs for application development
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing and troubleshooting
- Identify production and non-production application issues
- Recommend changes to improve established Java applications
- Provide customer Support
- Be involved in integration projects with other (external) parties.
- Work in a team of 4-5 developers
- Minimum 4 years professional working experience in Java/JEE application Full-Stack development technologies and tools for Mid Level profile
- Fluent in (written and spoken) Dutch and English
- Good communication skills and experience with teamwork and project-oriented work
- Customer oriented
- Professional attitude
- Experience in creation of technical designs and in leading technical designers is an asset but not a requirement
- Familiar with cloud concepts and technologies. Experience with AWS is an asset but no requirement
- Familiar with modern software design and development methodologies such as: OO, UML, Agile Development, Scrum
- Familiar with continuous integration and DevOps activities
- Hands-on with containerized applications, MicroServices and/or serverless
- Familiar with network-concepts and architecture
Fluent in Dutch and English: reading, writing, speaking.
- Client interaction is in Dutch.
- Experience in Java/JEE application development: code, test, debug
- Oracle/PostgreSQL Database
- Angular 8
- Rest Web services
- Spring (Standard)
- Spring Boot
- Spring data
- Spring WS
- Spring JDBC
- OO (Object Oriented) & UML
- Java (Jdk11)
- Unit testing and mocking
- AWS cloud native development
- Integration WebServices and API's.