Halian is currently looking for a Senior Storage and Backup Engineer to join an important project in European Institution.
The Storage and Backup Engineer will support and maintain Storage and Backup infrastructure; analyse and assess the client requirements; develop and maintain systems based on those requirements.
About the role
- Provide subject matter expertise in Storage and backup engineering;
- Manage the Storage and backup infrastructure ensuring that service levels are met;
- Plan, design, and implement an enterprise class Storage and backup infrastructure, including for mission critical applications in a complex IT environment;
- Develop and implement maintenance plans and activities related to capacity management, upgrades and other related maintenance;
- Proactively monitor and perform capacity planning for the Storage and backup environment;
- Proactively evaluate and analyse performance, incidents, indicators and metrics in order to provide and implement recommendations for service improvements within the Storage and backup infrastructure;
- Research new technologies and trends in the Storage, backup and data centre domain to identify methods to make continuous improvements in the Storage and backup service offering.
Key Skills & Background
- Experience with Storage and backup technologies in a complex, enterprise IT environment;
- Experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale Storage and backup in-frastructure;
- Experience designing, configuring, upgrading and troubleshooting various SAN/NAS technol-ogies;
- Experience with EMC Storage technologies and other Storage array vendors (IBM, Hitachi etc.);
- Experience in designing, implementing and operating enterprise level backup solutions (Net-Backup, TSM etc.);
- Experience designing and implementing data, voice, and/or video network infrastructures;
- Vendor domain certifications: Emcsa and IBM Certified Specialist - Enterprise Storage Tech-nical Support V5 or equivalent;
- Location: Luxembourg
- Start Date: ASAP
- Type of contract: Permanent