We are recruiting for our client, a Network engineer.
The Network Systems Engineer provide enterprise-wide Network System infrastructure support for complex system and interconnected technologies that require day-today support and administration in order to maintain optimum performance, security and utilization for our clients.
Your day to day tasks and responsibilities are
- the design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
- the configuration of routing and switching equipment
- the configuration of hosted IP voice services
- the basic configuration of Firewalls
- undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
- capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within datacenters
- liaising with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis
- speaking with customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture
- establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards in collaboration with our Solution Architect.
In order to succeed in this job, you have at least 5 years experience in the same environment and you are an expert in
- Cisco LAN & WAN (DC/CBL/office)
- WiFi (Cisco & Ucopia)
- Cisco ASA (Firewall & VPN)
- SolarWinds Orion
- You speak English (spoken and written) German or French are a plus.