Our client is looking for an Security and Network Engineer.
The Network Systems & Security Engineer will provide enterprise-wide Network System infrastructure support for complex system and interconnected technologies that require day-today support and administration in order to maintain optimum performance, security and utilisation for our clients
- establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards in collaboration with our Solution Architect.
- the design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- the support and administration of Firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
- upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- the configuration of routing and switching equipment
- the configuration of hosted IP voice services
- the basic configuration of Firewalls
- remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
- remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
- capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres
- liaising with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis
- speaking with customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
- In order to succeed in this job, you have at least 5 years experience in the same environment and you are an expert in
- Cisco LAN & WAN (DC/CBL/office)
- WiFi (Cisco & Ucopia)
- Cisco ASA (Firewall & VPN)
- SolarWinds Orion
- Cisco IronPort
- You speak English (spoken and written) German or French are a plus.