The IT Team of Epidemiology and Public Health Research Unit acts as a service provider for researchers in the Unit. They develop solutions to collect data for their projects either internally or with external partners (mainly hospitals in Luxemburg), organise these data for statisticians and researchers and help them publish their outcomes on specific web sites. Their business is to adapt the IT high standards and methodology to the Biomedical research world.
To assist the IT Team , we are looking for a Web Developer.
The Web Developer is responsible for the design and development of IT tools required for different internal projects in the Epidemiology and Public Health Research Unit (Department of Population Health).
He will also give advice on IT tools/solutions and will ensure the implementation and maintenance of developed software.
- Draft the specifications of the IT solutions and have them validated, taking into account the ergonomic aspects
- Suggest IT solutions that are adapted to the context of the projects
- Respect the development standards and architectural constraints of the national registries in place at Lih.
- Develop & test IT solutions, document the source program.
- Ensure the maintenance of the software after the implementation.
- Manage the databases and archive them according to the security rules.
- Attend project monitoring meetings to focus on IT issues
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master degree in Information Technology
- Previous professional experience of at least 4 years in a similar position
- Language skills: fluent in French and English (written and oral), knowledge of another language especially German or Luxembourgish would be an asset
- Good organisational and relational skills, precision, ability to manage an important workload and respect deadlines
- Methodical and quality concerned
- Web technologies, Database modelling with a proved ability to adapt and learn new languages, reporting
- Angular, ASP.NET, MVC / MVVM model, C#
Considered as an asset
- UML modelling
- Other languages: PHP, Python, Go, Java, R
- Machine learning and Natural language processing
- Environmental tools such as GIT
Applications including a cover letter and a full curriculum vitae should be sent before 31st October 2017.