We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to reinforce the team of one of our clients.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Configuration, maintenance and support of Linux and Windows hosts, in cooperation with the IT department;
- Monitoring systems and service availability, performance and resilience;
- Management or alerts, alarms and Service Level Agreement reporting;
- Incident fault analysis, resolution and reporting;
- Documentation of disaster recovery and escalation procedures;
- Documentation of maintenance process ;
- Pro-active feedback and reporting of the performance and behavior of all our systems;
- Basic network analysis and monitoring, in cooperation with the IT department;
- 2nd level support analysis or application error cases;
- Rotational 2nd level "on notification" duty support during evening and week-ends with other team members;
- Database transaction data analysis based on SQL queries ;
Test of applications before piloting.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Fluent in English. The knowledge of French, German and Spanish are considered an asset.
- Specific expertise of :
- Basic Linux OS (CentOS, SUSE, Debian or others) installation, configuration and upgrades;
- Basic Linux Shell scripting (Bash, SH, Perl);
- Linux Alerting, syslog;
- Networking protocols basics;
- Networking configuration and analysis basis;
- Excel data analysis and reporting.
- Knowledges in :
- Programming language (e.g. Java, C, C++, Visual Basic);
- Application frameworks (e.g. Apache HTTP, Tomcat, HA);
- Monitoring and Alerting frameworks (e.g. Graylog);
- Reporting framework (e.g. Crystal Reports).
- Strong analytical skills;
- Fast learner, highly motivated, structured, organized and team player;
Flexible in working time.
- Permanent contract
- Dynamic and innovation environment
- Competitive salary package
If you do not receive an answer within 20 days, you will have to consider that we will not proceed with your application.