We are looking for a Senior Database Administrator Microsoft SQL Server - Fluent in English:
Your main responsibilities
- Design, install, configure and maintain the company Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Ensure the availability, integrity, security and good performance of the database environment
- Design and support reporting and data extraction from our systems and applications
- Perform incidents resolution and follow-up, problems identification and analysis
- Perform day-to-day database operations
- Participate in continuous improvement of the overall production environment and write appropriate guidelines where required
- Keep a high level of technical awareness within the assigned area of responsibility
- Reports to 'IT Operations & Infrastructure Manager'
- You have at least 5 years in similar role.
- You have bachelor's or master's degree in IT.
- You are fluent in English.
- Microsoft R Services (installation, configuration,... not developement)
- Good knowledge in Microsoft BI/DW tools, technologies & products (SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, etc...):
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Data transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) is a plus
- Multi-dimensional design, start schemas, facts and dimensions.
- SQL Server 2017
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in installing and operating a production Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure, including partitioning, compression, data security and query auditing
- Have a proven experience in optimizing the performance of databases
- Demonstrate knowledge of database backup, restore, recovery models as well as database shrink operations
- Be familiar with High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts, means clustering, database mirroring, replication as well as Always On.
- Demonstrate PowerShell scripting expertise's
- Be familiar with Microsoft Server, Linux as well as virtualization based on VMware
- Show basic knowledge of the ITIL Framework;
- Demonstrate skills in Business Continuity Planning
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Be accurate, detail oriented and reliable
- Be able to work team-oriented and independently, as well as be able to deliver results within defined timeframe
- Be able to explain technology solution in business terms as well as to teach other team members
- Freelance contract
- Banking environment
- Team spirit
- Challenging mission, Senior position
- To start ASAP
If you do not receive an answer within 20 days, you will have to consider that we will not proceed with your application.