The Monitoring, Scheduling, Automation and Orchestration Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing the monitoring, scheduling, automation and orchestration of the customer's Datacentre. This role involves creating standard processes and procedures for the automated provisioning and management of servers, networking, and applications.
The non-exhaustive list of job responsibilities as well as technical and specific skills / experience is shown below:
- Assess use cases to develop workflows and scripts to automate the provisioning and maintenance of servers, services and applications, including, but not limited to, provisioning and de-commissioning of environments;
- Develop standard operating procedures and user guides for the enterprise automation solution;
- Perform automation and orchestration at large scale in an enterprise environment;
- Continuously improve systems and processes in order to achieve greater levels of effective-ness and efficiency.
- Experience in an infrastructure automation role;
- Experience with automation and scripting using PowerShell, Ansible, Python, Java, etc.;
- Experience with source code and build tools, such as for instance BitBucket, TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, etc.;
- Experience with multiple Web and J2EE technologies such as for instance IIS, Apache, Web-Logic, Tomcat, JBoss, or Node.js.;
- Experience working with JSON and XML result sets;
- Experience building build and release pipelines;
- Experience working with a variety of vendor APIs;
- Vendor certifications in the domain of monitoring, automation and orchestration;