For an opportunity in the financial sector for one of our Luxembourg customers, we are currently looking for an Application Support Engineer.
You will provide support to applications and projects within It Services environment and will ensure that maximum service level is provided to customers on a 24-hour basis.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Prepare, set-up and maintain the different environments required, according to the project phases (development, testing...) with our infrastructure provider
- Implement, integrate and support third party software as well as internally developed applications within the It Services
- Support the production environment 24/7 and will solve business and It incidents with innovative solutions to ensure that a maximum service level is provided to Customers on a 24-hour basis
- Analyze problems and resolve issues and will perform monitoring, tuning and optimization of performance of in-house It applications as well as third party software whilst ensuring maximum availability and service to customers
- Ensure the integrity of the production environment and will implement upgrades or new products that are critical for the daily operational business
- Create and update all documents related to applications and their supporting systems.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Equivalent to the completion of at least 2 years of college coursework in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise server and desktop operating systems, applications and scripting such as
- Linux, AIX, Microsoft Windows
- Oracle, SQL
- WebSphere Application Server
- IIS ( Internet Information Services )
- Kornshell, PowerShell, PL SQL, VBScript
Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred
Previous knowledge of reconciliation tools (Corona) and/or AML Filtering (SafeWatch) is an advantage
- The other skills you need to have:
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with applications troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution techniques.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to contribute and support a Knowledge sharing culture
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Effective time management
* Only candidates with eligible work permit for Luxembourg will be considered for this opportunity. *