Our client, a new financial institution in Luxembourg, is looking for an Business Object developer.
- You have solid skills in full life cycle software development using Java-related stack technologies. A history showing strong Object Oriented design skills along with the ability to develop high quality reusable software in a service oriented environment is required.
- Excellent PL/SQL programming skills are essential, with an emphasis on developing financial reporting in an Agile environment. Exposure to and knowledge of continuous integration, software release management techniques and interfacing with test engineers as part of any major software development project is expected. This is a hands-on development role and requires a software development background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical, as the individual will work with a geographically dispersed team to effectively translate requirements into solutions as well as an ability to effectively interface with business partners and with technical staff.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks , ability to work within project timelines , good interpersonal and decision making skills, attention to detail and the ability to be proactive, prudent and confident in time critical pressure situations are a must.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Must have a minimum 5 years of commercial PL/SQL experience with Oracle 11 and above.
- Experience in the financial industry, preferably in Fund Accounting.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-learning attitude, ability to work with team as well as independently on projects.
- Practical knowledge of best coding/design practices and patterns, optimizations, scaling and clustering.
- Database skills including knowledge of relational databases, schema design, PLSQL and programmatic data access using JDBC. Experience with Oracle 12c. Familiar with Data Warehouse technologies
- Experience with ReportDevelopment for SAP Business Object
Technical experience in the following technologies
- Oracle 11 and Oracle 12c, No-SQL (MarkLogic)
- SAP Business Object 4
- Experience working within the financial services sectors a distinct advantage
- Basic know-how on Fund Accounting
- Knowledge of German and/or French
* Only candidates with eligible work permit for Luxembourg will be considered for this opportunity. *