Rakuten, Inc. (Tse: 4755) is a global leader in internet services that empower individuals, communities, businesses and society. Founded in Tokyo in 1997 as an online marketplace, Rakuten has expanded to offer services in e-commerce, fintech, digital content and communications to more than 1 billion members around the world. Since 2012, Rakuten has ranked in the top 30 of Forbes Magazine's annual “World's Most Innovative Companies” LIST. The Rakuten Group has over 14,000 employees, and operations in 29 countries and regions.
Our mission is to empower people and society through innovation and entrepreneurship.
Our goal is to be Global Innovation Company. We believe in innovation as a driver of global change - enriching the lives of people around the globe and bringing joy to the everyday.
We embrace new and disruptive ideas, the commitment to act on them and the venture spirit that believes in our potential to change the world. That's why we were selected by Forbes magazine to be in the Top 20 of World's Most Innovative Companies in four consecutive years!
This is where you come in: Rakuten is built on a philosophy of empowerment where everyone has the chance to make an impact. We believe in taking on new challenges and driving innovation. Together, we get ahead through success and learn from failure. In the end, truly empowered people produce amazing results. No matter your area of interest, we need your spirit, energy and drive to push us further and help unlock our potential.
Employing Entity Description
Launched in January 2016, Rakuten Europe Bank continues the diversification of Rakuten in Europe and provides financial services to its members. Rakuten Europe Bank S.A. is a fully licensed credit institution established in Luxembourg and supervised by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.
Purpose of the role
- The Infrastructure Engineer reports to the head of IT in a solid line. The Infrastructure Engineer is in charge of the provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems Hardware and software and related infrastructure (including the network).
- Moreover, the Infrastructure Engineer manages the SLA of the different third parties and looks continually for innovation within the infrastructure.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure the administration of the LAN and WAN including system stability, integrity, and troubleshooting.
- Maintain phone system operations.
- Perform Hardware and software upgrades to network servers including operating systems and applications.
- Identify and address any affected network devices and maintain an updated status in response to newly identified security threats including Anti-virus and Firewall updates.
- Deploy desktops and laptops to employees including software and Hardware upgrade planning and the general execution of desktop and laptop deployments.
- Make recommendations to the Reb head of service delivery about software and Hardware the company should invest in.
- Provide end user support.
- Ensure network backup integrity and recovery coordination along with disaster preparedness planning.
- Provide documentation of network systems, operational procedures, network topology and Hardware inventory.
- Responsible for software licensing tracking and purchasing.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications Required For The Role
- English is mandatory.
- Minimum 5 years LAN administration experience in Windows 2003/2008/2012 for a 20+ user multi-platform environment.
- Master degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is a plus.
- Ability to perform typical advanced server and network administration skills to include upgrades and maintenance of Hardware, operating systems, LAN/WAN, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and IIS support functions.
- Must demonstrate strong knowledge in user administration, Microsoft Office suite support, Windows OS, SQL Server, Backup Execution, Cisco phone systems, VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Knowledge and experience in connectivity and communications protocols essential.
- Experience with cabling systems, switches, Firewalls, IDS and routers is a must.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to organize time and work on multiple tasks and follow through to completion of task or project.
- Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation of systems and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with a team.
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural and global environment where multilingual skills are a big asset
- Ambitious to grow as an individual within the company
- Passionate about working in a global company which wants to make a difference by empowering society.
What We Offer
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- A chance to shape and build the business and inspiration to make a difference
- Open and respectful multicultural environment
- Professional, passionate, ambitious, but friendly team
- Possibility for professional growth and international assignments
- A friendly environment where teamwork matters and were we enjoy each other's company in and outside work (e.g. Happy Friday Drinks, Pizza Lunch, Laser Tag or Bowling evenings, and, and, and...)
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization that aims to empower society and become the World's best, join the company where YOU shape the future. Come and work with us!