For one of our client we are looking for a one year contract:
An IT Metadata Operations
portuguese speaking (m/f)
The commercial environment in our segment of Metadata is undergoing dramatic and fundamental change.
Our Clients are consistently demanding 'more for less' and prices are falling in the market. In order to compete for the medium term, we now need to do several key things;
- Significantly reduce our cost of production, for data provision that is often seen as a commodity.
- Develop and operate new products and services that our clients will pay premium prices for.
- Build a sustainable product roadmap that extends our lead over our competitors, but at new optimised cost production level that means we are commercially viable.
This new role is fundamental to the success of the above priorities. The successful candidate will (with real tenacity needed) actively support the delivery of the new optimised operating model that ensures that we are commercially fit for an exciting future.
- Reporting to the respective managers/supervisor of the Operations team, the Operations Coordinator will be accountable for supporting the end to end delivery of the new operating model. This model will change the current largely 'in house' operation to a new 'Hybrid' model, where our in-house SME's provide a flexible 'command and control' capability, leveraging multiple internal and external resources - thus enabling the Metadata BG to compete and win in a highly competitive and increasingly dynamic commercial market.
- This is a new and challenging role in a changing environment. The successful applicant will work side-by-side with her / his colleagues ensuring that the new operating model agreed with internal and external stakeholders, will be implemented in the day-to-day operational processes.
- In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Support external service providers and vendors service delivery as the local subject matter expert (SME) for defined markets, no direct responsibility for people management
- Ensure flawless execution and adherence to pre-established customer critical service levels
- Conduct root cause analysis and corrective action follow through
- Ticket management and escalation
- Recommend changes in methods or procedures to increase the efficiency of the department or process
- Train team members, internal and external new staff as and when required
- Maintain standard operational procedures (SOP) documentation, including work instructions
- Perform testing tasks such as UAT independently
- Flexibility with day to day tasks is required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In addition you should have a good understanding of the tasks below. This will ensure that you are able to delegate tasks effectively to external parties, or, if required, are able to carry out the tasks yourself in order to assist the team in fulfilling clients' needs.
- Writing and editing synopses and biographical text
- Writing and editing celebrity profile information
- Adding, editing and maintaining entertainment metadata
- Correcting and harmonizing data
- Researching/verifying entertainment metadata via trusted sources
- Verifying data integrity
- Undertaking search and recommendation work
- The operations coordinator will be part of a weekly rotation plan ensuring office based customer support on all business days until 6pm CET.
Desired Skills & Experience
- QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree
- Microsoft Office knowledge with strong emphasis on Excel & Power Point.
- Skill in organization, prioritization, high attention to detail, and accuracy, within a high-volume work environment is a must
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills that will allow them to express key points in a clear manner
- CORE COMPETENCIES:
- At minimum excellent English capability, plus mother-tongue language capability in another language; it is desirable to have multiple languages for this role.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned duties, operate independently within established guidelines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with flexibility.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Be a strong team player
- Experience of working in editorial and database environments (preferable)
- A strong interest in the entertainment landscape, e.g. familiarity with what's popular on TV, knowledge of which celebrities are talked about and which movies, actors/actresses and directors are successful
- An understanding of online research tools and efficient internet-based searches