- In this project related position you will support the definition, design, development, testing and delivery of the Galileo Data Dissemination Network (Gddn)* as well as the Public Communications Systems (Psc)** project.
- You will focus on defining customer needs and required functionality early in the development cycle, documenting requirements, and then proceeding with design synthesis and system validation, while considering the complete problem: operations, cost and schedule, performance, training and support, test, manufacturing, and disposal.
- You will also contribute to or lead other projects related to the implementation or improvement of ground based services and systems, and will take an active role in the preparation of technical proposals in response to international tenders.
- The Gddn interconnects the two Galileo Control Centres in Italy and Germany to an extensive Network of sensor stations, uplink stations and Telemetry, Tracking and Control (Tt&C) stations distributed around the world. The Gddn also provides the connectivity to the Galileo satellite test and launch facilities, Security monitoring centres, Network management facilities and external entities.
- The Public Communications Systems (Psc) is a satellite-terrestrial hybrid communications infrastructure for emergency communications and critical infrastructure protection, to be deployed primarily in the public and private sector in Luxembourg.
- Deliver projects and services to customers within the agreed budget, specification and schedule, meaning:
- Design, specify and implement Vsat and medium size Earth stations, comprised of communication systems and software systems and whenever applicable, their interfaces to other ground stations
- Design, specify and implement Network management system for the satellite and hybrid communication systems;
- Design subsystems and implement earth station equipment including antennas, transmission equipment, monitor and control, and Network management systems
- Perform transmission analysis, in particular link budget calculations, and studies in support of business development and customer services
- Design innovative satellite networks and/or Network elements concepts and develop associated specifications
- Design and implement software/computer infrastructure and/or modifications to comply with specific customer requirements such as transmission and management of digital video, audio and data
- Prepare the commercial documentation such as system requirements specifications, technical system specifications, operational procedure, cost estimations and contractual documents in coordination with other internal and external parties
- Perform system design, handle budgets, handle procurements, manage installations and the operational handover of ground segment and communications systems
- In the scope of the project, coordinate with other functions (Project Control, Legal, Finance) for the transparent and effective realization of assigned project
- In coordination with the Service Management team, prepare operational procedures and ensure the second Level Customer Support for the delivered system
- Interface with external partners (e.g. customers, Non-Governmental Organisations, Government bodies, investment partners, vendors, shareholders, etc.)
- Take an active part in SES Techcom Services' proposal activities through the provision of Technical Specifications, Statement of Works (Sow's) and Cost Estimations, in response to customer Requests For Information (RFI); customer Requests For Proposals (RFP), whereby the activities could include the set-up and supervision of small interdisciplinary proposal teams in function of the technical and commercial proposal preparation and the contract negotiation process
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers' met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm
- Evaluate relevant technological developments, market trends, competitive factors, customer requirements, standardisation licensing and regulatory aspects
- Define future technology requirements in close CO-operation with sales and other SES group companies
- Make recommendations to management regarding evolution of SES Techcom's services and products
- Master Degree in Computer Science and/or Telecommunications or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in satellite Network implementation and management
- Systems engineering experience on satellite to ground communication means
- Sound knowledge of Network with emphasis on TCP/IP, and Network Security policies
- Sound knowledge of professional mobile Radio systems and standards such as FM, Tetra and Tetrapol
- Awareness of international standards, guidelines and methods such as PMI-PMP, Ecss, Omg Sysml, Incose, and Sebok
- Familiar with Windows and Linux operating system and programming languages (e.g. Java, Python)
- Strong knowledge of project management (incl. management of budget, performance, risk, schedule...)
- Experience in pre-sales engineering (e.g. technical proposal, cost estimation, facing customer) is considered as an asset
- Ability to integrate into and/or lead cross-functional or virtual project teams
- Effective audience oriented communication and conflict management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Innovative spirit and be business proactive
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English, any other languages is an asset
- Willingness to travel internationally
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer