In this project related position you will primarily support the design, development and verification of Network Monitoring Systems, Operational Support Systems and Business Support Systems (Nms/Oss/BSS) for Ses Techcom Services' satellite broadband platforms and managed services. This includes software development, documentation and configuration, system integration and validation, as well performance testing.
You will be integrated and trained within an international team of highly skilled engineers and will gradually take more responsibilities.
- Support Nms and Oss/BSS development including requirement, design, specification, development, integration, release and software maintenance
- Develop multi-tenant operational support systems and user interfaces for managed services such as VoIP, Web-Conferencing, Cloud Storage and WIFI
- Participate in software development activities and facilitate the coordination of on-site and off-site development teams in coordination with technical managers
- Assist validation, deployment and operation activities in coordination with service managers
- Support the preparation of technical proposals in response to international tenders and the contribution to the development, implementation, and improvement of operational support systems
- Manage product documentation and configuration
- Develop automated unit and functional non-regression tests; define tests for new requirements and functionalities
- Master Degree in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) or equivalent
- Minimum one year of experience in software development, continuous integration and software quality assurance
- Experience with Eclipse Integrated Development Environment and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience or knowledge of Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios, Perl, Mercurial, Jenkins/Nexus or Docker would be an asset
- Acquaintance with distributed computing and message oriented Middleware
- Knowledge of TCP/IP communication, Rest web services and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Knowledge of measurement equipment operations, preferably in the Radio frequency range
- Sound analytical skills
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to integrate into cross-functional or virtual project teams
- Willing to travel internationally and to meet directly with customers and vendors world-wide when needed
- Fluency in English, any other language is an asset
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For Ses, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of Ses worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
Fixed-term position - 24 months
Ses is an equal opportunity employer.