- Preparing automation test plan, effort estimation, creating automation test scripts, test data set up, automation test environment set up.
- Executing automation test scripts, dry runs, optimize the script logic for minimal execution time, analyze the automation test results.
- Accountable for developing a deep understanding of systems, solutions and technology associated with the systems in scope
- Responsible for modelling system behavior/attributes performing model optimization to improve scope and functional coverage and maintain models as business requirements change.
- Responsible for utilizing service virtualization tools to enable early testing
- Responsible for development and maintenance of automation test cases using QE automation standards
- Responsible to demonstrate ROI following the automation
- Responsible for following agreed upon processes for test results Storage, defect tracking and defect verification and supporting project metrics tracking
- Responsible for raising quality issues
Skills & Requirements
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of testing techniques and methodologies
- Hands on experience in test case design at different levels (component/service, integration, and end to end/user scenarios)
- Hands on expertise in a variety of test automation frameworks/tools (e.g., Robot Framework, SoapUI, SIFT, Selenium, UFT, LEANFT), and script development using scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Vb, etc.)
- Hands on programming experience (e.g. Java, C, SQL DB querying) and source configuration tools (GIT, SVN, MKS, etc.)
- Experience in a QA/test environment with a focus on technical, automated testing in a variety of environments (distributed, Cloud and Mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases)
- Hands on experience to analyze ecosystems to understand business logic and processes, including data attributes and data business rules
- Very good communication skills; ability to focus and prioritize and solve complex technical problems
- Certification: ISTQB is a plus