Sword Group is an international Consulting, Service and Software Company driving global leaders in their digital & technology transformation. Created in November 2000, the group has a current headcount of 1,600+ associates operating in more than 50 countries. Sword Luxembourg has a current headcount of 100 associates. We are mainly working with the European Institutions and prestigious companies in the private sector on long-term projects. We really try to keep a positive atmosphere allowing our associates to share more than work. For our Director, the goal is to create a bound between the co-workers, thanks to corporate events, a nice working atmosphere and good communication. We have 4 specializations: Business Intelligence, Enterprise Content Management, Geolocation Systems and Specialized Development (.NET and Java).
The context of the mission
A Mobile Transformation Workshop was organized in the offices of the European Institution (Ei) on June 30th of 2017. The Ei people present in this workshop formed a good representation of the overall Ei community. This perfect mix delivered many very good ideas for mobile apps. Taking into account important parameters such as “business value”, “mobile impact”, “easy adoption” and “complexity to build” (incremental gain) — One application has been considered to start with.
The goal is to disseminate existing information from the current infrastructure to the mobile device. The mobile application was developed using Xamarin and Mobile Iron technologies.
The following features were developed
- Autonomous Ei contact LIST similar to the phone contact list.
- Cache most of the information on the Mobile Iron caching service and provide an interface to list and search Ei people even if there is no connection available to the Ei network service façade (gateway) was implemented on the back-end to allow setting-up and refreshing the cache when the device is connected to the Ei infrastructure.
- A service has been exposed in order to retrieve the presence status, stored in the Ei's Exchange mail system (Skype), and non-cached information like for instance pictures of the contacts.
- The application provides capacities to use the phone capabilities of the device to call the contact.
- The mobile application was implemented as a native application for both iOS and Android system via the Xamarin multiplatform framework.
- The back end service is implemented as a REST service with the required security (authentication, authorisation, ...).
- You will maintain and do evolutions on this mobile application and you will develop future mobile apps for Ie.
- You have minimum a Bachelor in Computer Sciences.
- You have minimum 8 years of experience in development.
- You have an excellent knowledge on mobile Apps development and deployment.
- You have knowledge on:
- Mobile Iron.
- IIS, Active Directory, Oracle Database
- You are fluent in English and/or French.
- European Institution
- Permanent Position
If this opportunity speaks to you or if you know someone who would be interested in this opportunity, then don't hesitate to contact me for further information or to apply for this vacancy.
Successful applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks and we guarantee the confidentiality of your application.