The Solution Architect will provide support in response to new business opportunities requiring changes to the enterprise infrastructure. He/she will also act as a valuable asset to ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels in order to support the development of new technologies and system requirements. The non-exhaustive list of job responsibilities as well as technical and specific skills / experience is shown below.
- Monitor the infrastructure and respond to security, quality and availability concerns;
- Analyse System Requirements;
- Recommend alternative technologies or solutions and improvements;
- Contribute to project solutions and the development of architecture;
- Offer architectural support to project teams in the form of architectural deliverables;
- Share knowledge and explaining architecture-related choices;
- Lead design and review of new systems;
- Design and architect highly available and survivable infrastructures;
- Design solutions for potentially complex new technologies and customized solutions to support business objectives;
- Leverage technology to automate manual tasks, to improve effectiveness and efficiency wherever practicable and appropriate;
- Harmonise and drive the use of standards.
Experience building enterprise architecture roadmaps;
- Experience in architecture frameworks such as ZACHMAN, TOGAF, etc.;
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions;
- Knowledge of Network Security, including design, configuration, and tuning;
- Experience designing and implementing data, voice, and/or video network infrastructures;
- Understanding of high availability designs;
- Experience with network troubleshooting and monitoring tools;
- Experience with End-to-end infrastructure design;
- Vendor domain certifications: ITIL foundation certification (required);
- Vendor domain certifications: Vendor Certification (VMware, Red Hat, Microsoft, Cisco, IBM, HPE, etc.);
- At least one industry standard certification in the field of Infrastructure design is required, including (but not limited to) MCSE, MCSA, MTA, Vcdx, Vcap, Red Hat Rhca, IBM ISA HPE Cloud architect or similar.