- The Team Leader plays a crucial part in the makeup of the team being the key person from whom the other members of the team revolve.
- He sets the tone and drives the correct behaviours ensuring tasks are carried out correctly, verbal and written communication is accurate and given in a timely fashion and that technically correct decisions are either being suggested or followed within the team.
- To schedule the team activities the Team Leader works in close collaboration with the team leaders of the other services as well as with the Service Delivery Manager.
- All complex changes (as long as they are accurately documented) issuing from the Architecture Office are first discussed with the Team Leader as he or she knows the workload and the skill matrix of each of the team members.
- They are also responsible for assembling the team for normal and extended working hours as well as the On-call service.
- On a technical level, the Team Leader is responsible for Incident and Problem follow-up and resolution.
- When the team raises a doubt related to an incident or request, it is their responsibility to bring a technical solution or escalate the issue to the Service Delivery Manager or the Architecture office.
Environment and activities
- The Windows team that will be in charge of the operations will be in front line from two main services.
- The Service Desk will dispatch some categorized and prioritized tickets related to Windows incidents.
- The other incoming information will be brought by the Project Management services with specification and business requirements that are based on the Windows platform.
- In order to strengthen the Service Desk, the Front Office Group will propose some procedures and tool improvements.
- The Back Office group will then review and validate the proposal and implement it.
- A knowledge transfer will be ensured. From a change and release management point of view, the Back Office group will take in charge the activities linked to the projects. They will operate the changes,
- These two groups will remain very close in order to gain from the experiences and expertise from each other.
- The Team Leader will organize some internal service review in order to exchange on issues met during periods of activities (weekly).
- He will also include in the planning a job rotation in order to spread the knowledge and skills.
- These two samples of key activities will allow a Continual Service Improvement of the team.
- There are a broad range of activities performed within the Windows service to ensure the quality delivery of each individual service.
- Below you will find an overall picture of the most common activities:
- Put in Maintenance Mode, Restart a service, Reboot, Shutdown...
- LUN For Server(s) - Impact Estimation, Implementation, Install Microsoft Cluster
- Create, modify, delete Firewall Rules...
- Create, Disable, delete AD Account, Reset Password...
Good knowledge in several of the following tools is required:
- Automation: System Centre Orchestrator, Deck,
- Configuration System & Deployment: SCCM, SCOM, Wiffhi
- Directory Services: AD DS, DNS, DHCP, AD DS Group Policy, DFS,
- Security : KMS, Recovery Manager for AD, WSUS, Macafee, Vsec:CMS, Getthis, Ewallet, Blanco, Awesome Password Generator, Logging System, CyberArk
- You have at least 6 years of experience in Windows domain and at least 3 years in Team Management within a large environment;
- You have ideally an Architect experience on small projects.
- You were ideally a Senior technical administrator who have strong communication soft skills
- You own an university degree or equivalent level through experience and professional training;
- You possess the ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies, capable of self-study;
- You are structured, process minded and able to maintain the high level overview
- You are fluent in English (at least B2 Level). French is considered as an asset;
- You can work independently and can manage your time;
- You are eager to work in a dynamic multi-national environment with a strong customer focus;
- You are willing to travel in order to attend industry events and customer meetings.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the IT sector.
Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise.
We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits