Tentwentyfour is looking for a system administrator - juniors welcome! - to expand, maintain, and keep a watchful eye on our growing GNU/Linux based infrastructure.
We're also accepting application from people who prefer working on a part-time schedule.
Your role - Operations!
Working in a team of developers and assisted by a fellow system administrator, you will be - or become - responsible for operations part of Tentwentyfour. Based at our offices in Esch-sur-Alzette/Luxembourg, with ample opportunity for remote work, you will assure the steady growth, health and well-being of our distributed GNU/Linux-based server infrastructure.
Working with configuration management and provisioning tools - think Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible - new systems and clusters will spin into place and be provisioned by your carefully crafted and tested manifests. You will be setting up Icinga2, collectd and graylog instances to monitor the systems' vitals and to make sure all systems are running smoothly.
As someone familiar with the DevOps approach, you will be assisting our development team in setting up continuous deployment pipelines and you will very likely be actively contributing new code and functionality to the Floss-tools you'll be working with.
As always, we're looking for team members dedicated to their work, even if they don't have an academic degree or countless years of experience. We believe that great talents have the ability to learn quickly and take advantage of new technologies. While experience can be acquired, passion, persistence and the will to learn and to succeed should be some of your strongest personality traits.
- Manual and automated installation, provisioning and management of Unix systems in physical and virtualized environments.
- Configuration and optimization of high-availability set-ups in the cloud or on bare metal.
- Extending and improving on existing Puppet and Ansible modules and manifests.
- Controlling access and securing environments using IPTables and squid.
- Monitoring vitals of our and our customers' systems using tools like Icinga2, prometheus, Grafana and graylog.
- Setting up VPN tunnels using OpenVPN or Wireguard technology.
- Setting up and deploying applications to Kubernetes environments.
- Authoring and maintaining procedure and process documentation.
You're a good fit for this job, if you...
- ...are able to learn quickly and not afraid to take initiative.
- ...possess an ability to understand complex technical situations and enjoy to constantly discover new technologies and possibilities.
- ...enjoy technical challenges and are not easily frustrated by the occasional failure.
- ...have experience with - or a strong interest in - Free Software and Open Source technologies.
- ...have a thorough understanding of Unix-based operating systems (GNU/Linux, *BSD), their set-up and configuration.
- ...understand routing, natting and port-forwarding and are able to implement these using Unix utilities.
- ...have some experience - or are looking forward to learning about - using monitoring solutions such as Icinga2 and time-series based databases.
- ...prefer to sometimes shave a yak and automate repetitive tasks, rather than laboriously repeating the same steps over and over again.
- ...have perfect written and spoken skills in English. Luxembourgish, French or German are considered an asset.
- ...have a degree in a Computer-Science related field or not. Honestly, we don't actually care, just show us that you're awesome at what you do!
We'd love to get to know you, your skills and experiences and to learn about any projects in which you have collaborated. Please send your resume, as well as a cover letter via the button below.