In order to join our team and to participate to our growth, we are looking for our future Java Application Architect (m/f).
Context and Job Description
You will join a prestigious European institution for a long-term project. Your main mission is to develop/evolve/maintain the our client's applications. You will improve the integration of our client's applications and to provide third-level support for the applications. To finish, you will perform Unit and integration Testing, performance testing, security testing, and other tests, as appropriate for releasing our client's applications in production.
To make this mission a success, you will be in charge of the following assignations:
- Architecture (re)design, development and delivery of the applications + irchitecture and design of information systems.
- Review of the architecture of existing systems.
- Design and development of component architecture and building blocks.
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems.
- Data analysis and data modelling.
- Coordination of the design, implementation and testing of the technical architecture.
- Production of software architecture documents.
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the internal users.
- Assistance in the testing, the technical documentation, the deployment, the evaluation and the reporting
- Technical leadership
- To review the documentation produced by the development team.
- Technical lead of software and SQL development, provision of estimations of user stories, tasks and WBS to the project manager.
- Drafting requests concerning applications and database architecture to third parties.
- To propose basic information for the project planning: sprints and iterations definitions, using Jira (or other tools used by our client)
- To follow-up on a daily basis the development activities, assuring the consistency between estimations and real implementation times, the registration of the time spent on the single tasks in the Jira timesheets (or other tool provided by the client) and generally the correct follow-up of each activity performed by the team.
- To close each development issue released by the team, by carrying out structured unit testing.
- Technical review of software and database deliverables provided by the external contractors.
- To assure the participation to all the meetings, including the drafting and maintenance of the meetings documentation
- Software documentation and advice
- To develop, update, release and maintain the software user documentation;
- To contribute to the development, update and maintenance of the our client's training material;
- To advice and guide internal users either on user request and every time a new feature have been released.
- You hold a Master + minimum 9 years of professional experience and you speak English fluently.
- Above the generic knowledge and skills linked to the profile, knowledge and skills/expertise in the following domains are important for the success of the project: J2EE, Java, Oracle WebLogic and PL/SQL.
- The expertise in the following areas is also recommended:
- Knowledge areas:
- European Business registers
- Profiling of legal entities
- JBoss, JMS
- Practices & methodology:
- RUP methodology
- Agile methodologies
- Technologies: Web based user interfaces, Web services, SOA implementations, Client/server implementations, relational databases, Business Intelligence systems, WorkFlow based systems.