The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international, research university. The University of Luxembourg is seeking to make an appointment within its IT Department for the following position: Microsoft security engineer (*GN) Permanent contract, 40 hrs per week
The IT Department of the University is responsible for providing IT services to its approx. 8000 users. It operates a modern infrastructure and our services are centered around key technologies such as Microsoft, Cisco, CheckPoint and F5 products. This role will report into the Team Leader Infrastructure and Architecture. The Microsoft security engineer will closely collaborate with the Infrastructure and Architecture team and other member of the IT team.
- Work closely with the Infrastructure and Architecture Team to deliver high value added IT services to the University's users
- Work with the Infrastructure and Architecture team to define, build and manage the global IT infrastructure architecture
- Design, install and manage cloud based and on premise Microsoft solutions like Office 365/Exchange, MS Teams, Active Directory/Azure AD, ADFS, MS Certificate services, Azure & Office 365 advanced threat protection, Azure multi-factor authentication, MS Defender advanced threat protection, Power BI, MS disk encryption technology, Cloud app security, InTune, Azure technologies, PowerShell
- With the colleagues of Infrastructure and Architecture Team, plan and execute the lifecycle of Microsoft application for the University
- Ensure that the documentation of Microsoft security solutions environment is constantly up to date
- Supervise the work of external suppliers
- Keep up to date with changes in the industry in Microsoft solutions environment, and suggest improvements for the University's environment
- Participate in the writing of technical specifications for public tenders related to the domain of expertise
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent based on professional experience in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields
- At least 7 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience in designing and delivering Microsoft solutions
- Microsoft Certifications in the related domains will be considered as an advantage
- Strong expertise in the following domains is required:
- Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, ADFS
- Exchange in hybrid mode
- Office 365
- MS Certificate services (PKI)
- MS Security solutions : Advance threat protection, multi factor authentication, defender advanced threat protection, disk encryption, Cloud app security, InTune
- MS teams
- Azure technologies
- Exposure to other technologies will be a strong advantage:
- F5 service publication technology (Exchange, ADFS)
- CheckPoint AD integration
- Multi OS environment: Linux, MacOS
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems
- Strong communication skills, presenting highly technical issues verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical personnel at all levels in the organization.
- Real team player used to evolve in a high-level expectations environment.
- Fluent in French and English, German or Luxembourgish is an asset
If you are interested, please send your full application (cover letter, curriculum vitae) ONLINE via the button below. Applications will be handled in strict confidence.
*(GN) = gender neutral