Leading the IT department's (SIU) Security Team, the CISO reports to the CIO and works closely with the other SIU Team Leaders, the data protection officer and other relevant parties to recommend the strategic direction and technology solutions to meet the security needs of the University.
The CISO's expertise is used to propose, implement and monitor a global strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and risk management program to ensure that the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information that is owned, controlled or processed by the University.
Following the lead of the CISO, the IT security team:
Executes research and analysis on business, information and IT processes, requirements and
- Develops, implements and maintains security models with regard to organisation's processes, data, applications, infrastructure and/or underlying security
- Formulates, recommends and implements guidelines and standards which affect the IT organisation and the University as a whole
- Gives advice to management and colleagues on relevant developments, threats, improvement opportunities, business cases and alternative solutions
- Monitors and reports upon quantitative and qualitative performance of systems, IT service delivery and processes in relation to security aspects
- Analyses possibilities for sourcing of IT products, services and activities and advice management on and/or outsourcing
- Gathers, uses, documents and spreads knowledge concerning relevant developments in the market and new or changing insights in the profession
- (Co-)develops project proposals, including budgets, deadlines and planning, and ensure realisation of projects
- Coordinates and assists in the handling of incidents, changes and service requests related to information security
- Runs, monitors and reports on the Information Security Awareness program
- Coordinates and exchanges on trends and threads with experts on a national and international level
What we expect from you...
- Ability to interact and collaborate with lu's personnel at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and to comprehend business imperatives
- Ability to develop nuanced discussion and assessment of risk to support management decisions
- Capability to lead and develop a team
- Capability to manage resources (people, budget and time (i.e. activity planning))
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls
- Knowledge of and experience in developing, executing and documenting security architecture and plans
- In-depth knowledge of risk assessment methods and technologies
- Strong analytical skills to analyze security requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls while keeping a strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately, to provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships
- Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security policies, processes, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of information security related technologies
- Master's degree or equivalent by work experience
- More than 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skill in
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL03709
What you have to know...
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception.
Please apply ONLINE via the button below formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get...
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (unigr).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. WiFi on campus. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs ...